It is definitely feeling like the last days of school. Awards programs are well underway and you can sense the silent competition between the parents wondering what award their child will receive. The kids can not contain their enthusiasm at all. They just talk, talk, and talk some more. I can not get their attention at least not today for I have a frog in my ever so sore throat and I can not even get a loud SHHHHHH out! UGGGGGGG-so I just bring lots of Tylenol and take it throughout my day to cope. Teachers are loading up on end of year goodies for their Ice Cream Parties and Beach Day.
Today I left my job at school with almost a full day in to attend #1's Awards Ceremony. Not sure how it works where you are at but here they really do not want you to attend the Awards Program unless your child is getting an award. So as we all park it is a mad dash to get the best seat to take pictures of your brain child that you know is going to sweep awards, well at least you hope.
As we go down through the very long list of awards, we finally come to one that #1 will get come the last day of school when he attends- Perfect Attendance . Not sure how any of my kids get that with how sick we have been this year, I guess he has just fought through it all better than myself, #2 and #3.
We move onto A/B and A Honor Roll. A huge showing for A/B Honor Roll and maybe a fourth of it for A Honor Roll and #1 took another honor in the A Honor Roll, we are once again glowing for how proud we are =) We moved onto highest average in the Encore Class for the school year. These classes are keyboarding, business technology, bio technology, art, music etc... This one I think would be hard to get due to the kids rotate every 9 weeks to another encore class and they are in competition with everyone in 7th grade that took that class throughout the year. #1 did not get the one that he thought and we thought he would get, which is a.o.k. He did get the award for Highest Average in Keyboarding- yes a class that I just got through, didn't care etc... and that is why #1 types way better and faster than me=) That is 3 awards now for those keeping track.
We finally get down to his team awards, Alphabetically they are the last team to present. Finally, as they go through highest average for the 4 main classes #1 gets the medal for Highest Average in Social Studies- whoa, hold the boat.... IS THIS MY KID?????? I slept through that class I believe. I couldn't even tell you when the war of 1812 was!!! Ok, ok, maybe I know when that was but I mean come on, not my area of expertise or did I even care where California was compared to NY?!!!! Continents??? We live on one right? No matter I am still proud, STUMPED but proud! Then they go through mentionables for each subject and yeah great job to all the kids. Finally we have about 4 awards left for like moral boosting in a way. #1 once again received an award for Most Dedicated Could I be more proud? That explains #1 no matter what he is doing, when he is doing it, he will give it his all and complete the job- besides he doesn't like to come in second;)with his very competitive nature.
So yes if you were keeping track as I did, #1 took home 5 awards today from the 7th Grade Awards Ceremony! Way to go #1- We couldn't be prouder of you!!!! Look out 8th grade here he comes =)
Monday, June 2, 2008
Getting Closer....
Posted by S.S.R.Z.M. Himes at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment