Just like my friend AMY it is time for my kids to head back to school, Yippeeeee!!!! I mean my poor, poor kids. Actually POOR POOR ME!!! Do you see all the supplies!!! I broke mine down to each kid and then the big picture. We did not buy any new school shirts just yet because all the rest of what we needed broke the bank =(
First #3~ She is off to preschool. The preschool is costing $132 per month and she only goes on Mon., Wed., Fri. and if we want her to stay for lunch we have to pay an additional $3 for each day she stays. Here are her classroom supplies.
Second #2~ He is going into his last year of elementary school 5th Grade. He has quite the list from binders to post-it notes to a whole pack of red pens- (must be they will do the grading for the teacher this year) to scotch tape. Tissues and paper towels because wouldn't you know that even though we are going to PUBLIC school we have to buy supplies like we are sending the kids to PRIVATE school. The county even only allows each teacher a case of paper per semester so we are asked to bring a ream of copy paper as part of our supplies. I have yet to pick that up because it TICKS me off that I have to supply that also~don't even get me going!!
Finally #1~ He is off to his last year of middle school, 8th grade. I thought #2's list was bad but #1 is putting me into the poor house. Each teacher, that is the 4 main subjects, has to have their OWN binder for their class. I have yet to hear what health wants them to have. So we have to buy 4 binders along with 5 dividers each and many many other things. The usual paper towels, tissues, and now hand sanitizer . They also had a wish list from copy paper to hand soap- so I guess now the schools will not provide HAND SOAP!!!
And this is what it all looks like together....
I still have to pick up Expo Markers, more loose leaf paper, because the 8 packs I picked up isn't enough and more pencils because the 48 I picked up isn't enough.
The bright side........ I am getting my well deserved, well needed 6+ hours of PEACE and QUIET~ Monday thru Friday (at least from #2 and #1) and 4+ hours from #3!! The phone will be off the hook, door bell wire cut and the quiet is ALL MINE!!!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Summer Is Almost Over~ YIPPEE!! (I think)
Posted by S.S.R.Z.M. Himes at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All I can say is...and I thought my dogs were expensive ; - ) Who knew that you had to supply things like tissues and soap for your kids' first day of school??? What happened to the good old days of Straberry Shortcake lunchboxes and some crayons??
Love the blog! So...now you have 2 dedicated readers!!
Love,
Krisi
Yeaaaaa I have another reader!!! We don't pay the taxes that NY pays for schools however these supplies are breaking the bank. I now have to go purchase grey t-shirts for Ryan for gym class. 8th grade and he has to wear grey shirts and blue shorts or they lose points for not dressing out correctly in gym class. It use to be as long as they dressed out it didn't matter now I am off to Walmart to get grey t-shirts and more blue shorts- they have to be basketball shorts. I hope they are clearanced!
Post a Comment